judges orders (California)

Post your remarks to WorkCompCentral's editors on stories, content, comments, etc.

judges orders (California)

Postby 805tattoo on Fri May 27, 2011 10:48 am

If a judge orders the investigation of home care and the qme states that the applicants entitled to it. why is it they still fight it? Defense said they will wait for the qme's answer.they got it and still fighting it. Now my atty has filed for a hearing but he's saying to me that the courts want to see that my case is almost ready to close. I have a 62% nerve loss in my right arm due to cubital tunnel and carpel tunnel for a double crush injury. Are ther any chances that the judge will see his last order and go in my favor?
805tattoo

Re: judges orders (California)

Postby gaiassoul1@yahoo.com on Fri May 27, 2011 12:11 pm

the judge most likely wants to see a study by an nurse - RN who can comment on what disaiblity barriers impede your activities of daily living, that is called a home health care evaluation - - then your QME double stamps it....and says it is necessary due to the industrial injury.

just guessing here, because I was not present. Usually the insurance company is not necessarily fighting the home health care in a situation like yours, but rather they are looking for parameters -- such as how many hours per week, to do what, and what skill level is required for the home healh care aide.

Sorry I could not be of more help, but I am speculating as to the fact scenario you are facing here.
gaiassoul1@yahoo.com

Postby gaiassoul1@yahoo.com on Fri May 27, 2011 12:33 pm

the phone rang, what I should have also added, is that there is a part of this Board for Injured workers, under the thread called Questions, where you are going to get more to respond to your questions....

welcome.
gaiassoul1@yahoo.com

Postby 805tattoo on Fri May 27, 2011 5:28 pm

I can understand that. And its already been done. I hear its just one of the worst companies.they didn't do surgery for 2 years and now my career is done. All doctors and surgeons and even the qme told me. But thank you for your time.
805tattoo

Return to Letters to the Editor