Subscribing to forums (California)

This forum is for posting comments, questions, issues, or "wish lists" regarding workcompcentral.com technical features and/or functionality.

Subscribing to forums (California)

Postby lyounglaw on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:10 pm

David: You posted this on the Legal forum in response to my question:

"Laura - at the bottom of every Forum page (e.g. we're in Professionals - Legal) is a link in small font "Subscribe to this Forum".

Click on that and you will be subscribed."

I just double-checked and I am subscribed to the legal forum (the box at the bottom titled "Subscribe forum" has a check mark), but I have not received one single email from any of the topics. I even checked the "subscribe topic" but didn't get your response until I went on the web to see if there was an answer.

Is there something else I should be doing? Do the new forums have a new "from" email address that I have to whitelist with my server?

Thanks, Laura
lyounglaw

Re: Subscribing to forums (California)

Postby davidd on Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:37 am

Hi Laura -

I checked your account and you were not subscribed to any forums at all.

This a little confusing - if you see a little box with a check mark in it next to "subscribe forum", that means you are NOT subscribed, and if you click it then you will be subscribed (see attachment subscribe.jpg).

If you ARE subscribed already, then you will see the little box with an X in it next to "unsubscribe forum" (see attachment unsubscribe.jpg).

I subscribed you to all of the forums. So if there are any you don't want to be subscribed to, then you will click on the box with the X in it next to "unsubscribe forum."
Attachments
subscribe.jpg
This is what you will see if you are NOT subscribed to a forum or topic yet.
subscribe.jpg (23.35 KiB) Viewed 2143 times
unsubscribe.jpg
This is what you will see if you ARE subscribed - clicking this will unsubscribe you.
unsubscribe.jpg (25.4 KiB) Viewed 2147 times
davidd
Site Admin

Re: Subscribing to forums

Postby davidd on Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:10 am

There was an issue with subscribing to a forum category or topic and not receiving all notifications. The way this software is originally designed requires the user to click the link to any mail that is sent from an original post in order to validate the subscription. I (and some others) thought this was a nuisance and want to either get all or nothing - we found a fix and it has been implemented and seems to be working as intended.

Thus, if you subscribe to a category or a topic you will receive notifications of ALL posts. If you do not want to get all posts then unsubscribe. You can still get notifications of posts to a single thread by ensuring the box next to "Notify me when a reply is posted" (see below in the "Options" tab) is checked.
davidd
Site Admin

Postby lifefeast on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi I have been subscribing to the legal forum but have not been getting any emails whenever there is a new posting like I used to on the old forum.

Can you let me know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
lifefeast

Postby davidd on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:30 am

Hi Lifefeast - please see posts above. You need to "subscribe" to a forum to get e-mails. Note the graphic. You will find the option to subscribe/unsubscribe at the lower left of any forum category page.
Attachments
subscribe_forum.tiff
subscribe_forum.tiff (53.97 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
davidd
Site Admin

Return to WCC Tech