Reserves (California) (California) (California)

This forum is dedicated to claims adjusters and the peculiar issues confronting claims professionals.

Reserves (California) (California) (California)

Postby canofj on Fri May 17, 2013 7:25 am

Anyone using a reserve software for workers' compensation claims in CA? :geek:
canofj

Re: Reserves (California) (California) (California)

Postby 50Cal20 on Sun May 19, 2013 3:48 pm

My goodness, is electronic reserving still being used today? That is an invitation for lost business and in some situations, a invitation to a law suit. I remember an electronic reserving system that was introduced about 20 years ago where the company cleverly advertized that their computer system was up to 90% accurate. When you come thing about a reserve that is 2% accurate fits into the definition since the system is being advertised as being "up to" 90% accurate. I sure hope nobody is using electronic reserving any more. I have seen an electronic reserve computer establish a reserve at over $100,000 for simple twisted wrist first aid claim. Horrible!
50Cal20

Re: Reserves (California) (California) (California)

Postby 50Cal20 on Sun May 19, 2013 3:49 pm

My goodness, is electronic reserving still being used today? That is an invitation for lost business and in some situations, a invitation to a law suit. I remember an electronic reserving system that was introduced about 20 years ago where the company cleverly advertised that their computer system was up to 90% accurate. When you come thing about a reserve that is 2% accurate fits into the definition since the system is being advertised as being "up to" 90% accurate. I sure hope nobody is using electronic reserving any more. I have seen an electronic reserve computer establish a reserve at over $100,000 for simple twisted wrist first aid claim. Horrible!
50Cal20

Return to Claims Adjusters