Who's Tony? (California)

This forum is dedicated to claims adjusters and the peculiar issues confronting claims professionals.

Who's Tony? (California)

Postby bakodoc on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:20 pm

Does anyone know who the owner of workerscompensationinsurance.com is? Or the guy with alias Tony on it's forum.

I came across that web site by happen chance and it seemed to be extremely anti-insurance company. So much so that I registered just to see if I can balance things and posted actual state guidelines to make some points. I was banned immediately for spreading insurance company's propaganda. This guy was extremely hostile towards insurance industry and recommended everyone to seek legal counsel regardless of situation. Shouldn't sites like these be illegal? It's educating injured workers how to milk the system.
bakodoc

Re: Who's Tony? (California)

Postby suekarp on Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:37 am

I guess that it takes all kinds of people to make the world go around. I do not know who owns the site.
suekarp

Postby ymcgavin@socal.rr.com on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:47 am

Hi Bakodoc,

A "whois" search of workerscompensationinsurance.com reveals the following:

Domain Name: WORKERSCOMPENSATIONINSURANCE.COM
Registry Domain ID: 15248067_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.domainpeople.com
Registrar URL: www.domainpeople.com
Updated Date: 2010-04-20T07:45:36.00Z
Creation Date: 1999-12-14T00:00:00.00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2021-12-14T00:00:00.00Z
Registrar: DOMAINPEOPLE, INC.
Registrar IANA ID: 65
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@domainpeople.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.6046391680
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: AARON LARSON
Registrant Organization: AARON LARSON
Registrant Street: 673 DORNOCH DRIVE
Registrant City: ANN ARBOR
Registrant State/Province: MI
Registrant Postal Code: 48103
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.7345855872
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: CONTACT@EXPERTLAW.COM
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: AARON LARSON
Admin Organization: AARON LARSON
Admin Street: 673 DORNOCH DRIVE
Admin City: ANN ARBOR
Admin State/Province: MI
Admin Postal Code: 48103
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.7345855872
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: CONTACT@EXPERTLAW.COM
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: ADMINISTRATOR DNS
Tech Organization: SITEPRODUCT WEB SERVICES
Tech Street: 1 N STATE STREET
Tech Street: 12TH FLOOR
Tech City: CHICAGO
Tech State/Province: IL
Tech Postal Code: 60602
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.3122362132
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: ADMINISTRATOR@SITEPROTECT.COM
Name Server: ADNS.AUS.SITEPROTECT.COM
Name Server: BDNS.AUS.SITEPROTECT.COM
DNSSEC: unSigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
Last update of WHOIS database: 2010-04-20T07:45:36.00Z

In turn, a review of www.expertlaw.com reveals that Aaron Larson from MI is the owner.

A Google search of Aaron Larson in MI reveals that he is an appellate attorney: http://www.a2lawyer.com/

No, the website is not illegal. Instead, it is an example of free speech guaranteed by the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

I have no clue as to the identity of Tony, but after a quick perusal of the CA forum there, that person is very active.

There is nothing wrong with urging an IW to obtain representation. After all, the statutes, regulations, and case law addressing almost every aspect of WC are quite complex and in a constant state of flux. Then again, here in CA, there is EAMS as well. Last, what is wrong with suggesting an IW obtain representation? After all, in the vast majority of cases, the IC/TPA/PSI ER is represented by counsel and a level playing field is fair.

Bakodoc, I'm not so sure I agree with you that the website is "educating injured workers how to milk the system." On the other hand, educating an IW about his/her rights and remedies is beneficial in the very adversarial WC system.

York McGavin
ymcgavin@socal.rr.com

Re: Who's Tony? (California) (California)

Postby bakodoc on Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:34 pm

Mr McGavin, my observation was based on what I read.

For example, one of the poster on the forum asked about being assigned a case manager. This individual "Tony" recommended that the post to never trust any case managers and they are there as an extension of Adjuster's eyes. And the poster seek legal counsel immediately because of him being assigned a case manager. I merely posted a state guideline for case manager to explain what their role is and this constituted spreading IC's propaganda and I was permanently banned.

I am an applicant provider myself. There are times when IC can be frustrating to deal with. But I don't go around telling people how to abuse the system.

If you observe the other threads, you'll find these people giving instructions as to how to stay on TTD longer and how to "fool" the doctors.

If an attorney owns this site and solicits IW's to seek legal counsel at any case, I'd think there's a cause for ethical dilemma there. What would be his motivation? If you don't see anything wrong with that I'd suspect your bias. Working for applicants are one thing. Being abusive of system is quite another.
bakodoc

Postby steve appell on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:34 pm

"If an attorney owns this site and solicits IW's to seek legal counsel at any case, I'd think there's a cause for ethical dilemma there. What would be his motivation? If you don't see anything wrong with that I'd suspect your bias."

I see no ethical dilemma whatsoever with an attorney advising any or all IW's to seek legal representation. It appears to me his motivation is simply to get business. I not only agree with York that it is free speech, I also believe it is smart marketing & advertising. As far as milking the system, I see nothing in your post stating the "THE ATTORNEY" is recommending IW's to commit fraud or stay on TTD longer than they actually medically need to. This appears to be done by other members on that site. I have seen that same type of member comment on WCC many times. However, they get eaten alive by other more educated members on WCC.

Heck........I wish I had the time to start my own site. Alas, I will simply have to keep posting here as I have done for the past 6 years.

LATE
Steve

appellandassociates.com
6311 Van Nuys Bl #480
Van Nuys, Ca 91401
wcexaminer@aol.com

Check out 'WORK COMP MATTERS" Free PODCAST below
https://www.workcompcentral.com/educati ... ype=online
steve appell

Re: Who's Tony? (California) (California)

Postby ymcgavin@socal.rr.com on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:13 am

Bakodoc,

You stated:

bakodoc wrote:I am an applicant provider myself. There are times when IC can be frustrating to deal with. But I don't go around telling people how to abuse the system.

If you observe the other threads, you'll find these people giving instructions as to how to stay on TTD longer and how to "fool" the doctors.

If an attorney owns this site and solicits IW's to seek legal counsel at any case, I'd think there's a cause for ethical dilemma there. What would be his motivation? If you don't see anything wrong with that I'd suspect your bias. Working for applicants are one thing. Being abusive of system is quite another.

(emphasis added)

First off, if you are treating IWs, you are indeed an "applicant provider," regardless of whether you are insurer friendly, or IW friendly.

Next, are you referring to Tony, or to "these people" posting their thoughts and suggestions on that public forum? Anybody, with or without ethics can post there, as they can here.

I do not recall ever posting on that website, but in reviewing some of the posts by that person named Tony, I have also found Tony to provide some burning critiques to IWs seeking advice. For example, see Tony's responses in this thread:
http://www.workerscompensationinsurance ... -Agreement

I will freely admit that I am biased on behalf of IWs. I am not an advocate for those IWs that "are abusive of the system," but if there is a legal work around that will result in the provision of benefits, I have done my best to educate IWs of the manner to implement that work around.

For decades, the WC conversation has always focused on the "cost" of treatment.

I still find the comments by the Supremes in Zeeb v. Workmen’s Comp. App. Bd., 67 Cal.2d 496, 501 (1967) as very illuminating:

[W]here there is a conflict between the two purposes, the purpose of securing proper medical care and speedy recovery must take precedence over the goal of minimization of cost.

York McGavin
ymcgavin@socal.rr.com

Return to Claims Adjusters