EAMS Costs and Lack of Oversight (California) (California) (

Discuss EDEX and the new CA WCAB Electronic Adjudication Management System (EAMS) - system technical, regulations, positive comments, constructive criticism - provide feedback to the DWC and EAMS vendors (as they come on line with value added upgrades).

EAMS Costs and Lack of Oversight (California) (California) (

Postby mikemcdonald on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:46 am

Up to $60 mil. to update this piece of S**t? Who is overseeing the program? It is clear that the Governor and the Legislature has abandoned any oversight of this crazy program. We are going to hear explanations regarding "bandwidth." What we are missing is a computer program which is easy to use, logical, and does not take multiple key strokes to perform a function. :x

ALL of the users should be demanding full accountability from the administration, administrators and the people in charge to explain how we came to this level of incompetance and work out a plan to get us out of it. The only award this program should have received should be the "Golden Fleece" Award given out by the late Sen. Proxmire from Wisconsin.
mikemcdonald

Re: EAMS Costs and Lack of Oversight (California) (California) (

Postby ozzie on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:41 pm

Seems to be pretty well agreed upon. We bailed; takes a full time clerk just to do EAMS filings, and they still get bounced back. Took forever to do a walk through. We are now back to filing the paper, thank you.
ozzie

Re: EAMS Costs and Lack of Oversight (California) (California) (

Postby stewshe on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:38 pm

Mike & Ozzie,

You ought to turn those frowns upside down and look at the bright side! EAMS actually is doing WONDERFULLY!

If you don't believe it, here is link to DWCNewsline 24-09 which proves it! EAMS was doing such a great job!

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/dwc_newslines/2009/Newsline_24-09.html

Note expecially the 2nd paragraph which states:

<<EAMS was named a Computerworld Honors Laureate for 2009 for integrating DWC’s court, and many of its administrative functions, into a seamless case management system.
>>

I would, however, not want to be accused of damning EAMS with faint praise, but I do have to ask myself whether or not there were any other contenders for the award?

For instance, was there an entry from Garfield Elementary School in Clovis, CA? They have some pretty sharp kids! My grandson is competing in Robotics. His Robo-Medics team were "Overall Champions" in the Central Valley at a tournament this past Saturday in Riverbank, per the link below:

http://www.modbee.com/2010/11/13/1428690/bots-in-riverbanktournament-draws.html

I expect they would have given EAMS some stiff competition!

Stew
James T. Stewart (stewshe@comcast.net)
stewshe

Return to EDEX/EAMS