10770.6 verification problems (California)

Discuss EDEX and the new CA WCAB Electronic Adjudication Management System (EAMS) - system technical, regulations, positive comments, constructive criticism - provide feedback to the DWC and EAMS vendors (as they come on line with value added upgrades).

10770.6 verification problems (California)

Postby jonbrissman on Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:21 pm

I posted the following in the Liens forum, but it's really an EAMS problem:

I had the bright idea of saving two pieces of paper by putting the verification required by Sect. 10770.6 in the box at the top of page two of the Declaration of Readiness to Proceed. In addition to making a declaration about my good-faith efforts to resolve the dispute, I wrote in a separate paragraph, "DECLARATION PER C.C.R. SECTION 10770.6: I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that the underlying case has been resolved."

Result: The scanning clerks at three WCAB offices rejected the DORs and sent them back to my office with a form telling me that a Sect. 10770.6 verification is required. Apparently they have been trained to look for the verification on a separate sheet of paper along with its own separator sheet. I guess it was too much for me to expect the clerks to actually read the forms they were scanning.

I intend to resubmit the forms in person and concurrently speak with the chief clerks. Maybe I won't have to waste two extra sheets of paper with every DOR.

JCB
jonbrissman

Re: 10770.6 verification problems (California)

Postby steelmanlaw on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:48 pm

but Jon, then you'd become a known curmudgeon; and that wouldn't work. you can't destroy the beast by accommodating it.
steelmanlaw

Return to EDEX/EAMS