Copy Service Billing Games? (California) (California) (Calif

The filing and enforcement of liens (different states refer to these with different terms) to secure payment for services or goods against a workers' compensation award is complex and filled with special rules - this category is for questions and discussion of this special area of work comp law.

Copy Service Billing Games? (California) (California) (Calif

Postby kurious kat on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:34 pm

I have noticed a new billing pattern for a copy service company. We now have a fee schedule that allows $180 per initial record set, additional electronic set within 30 days at $5.45 and if an additional electronic set is requested after 30 days, a cost of $30.00.

I am seeing the initial set and one electronic set followed about 30 days later for an additional electronic set. When I ask for a copy of the order I am told they will not provide them until they get to court. More interesting, I am often told the third set was for the applicant. When do AA want the applicant to have a link to their records?

How are we supposed to make a good faith attempt to settle if we can't see what was ordered, who ordered it, and where copies were to be sent? I am also seeing two subpoenas for each location, one for medical records and one for billing.

Anyone else seeing any copy company patterns? :?
Kat
If I wanted to hear the pitter patter of little feet,
I'd put shoes on my cat.
kurious kat

Return to Liens