4060 (California)

The filing and enforcement of liens (different states refer to these with different terms) to secure payment for services or goods against a workers' compensation award is complex and filled with special rules - this category is for questions and discussion of this special area of work comp law.

Re: 4060 (California)

Postby courtmechanic on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 am

Thank you i didnt go to Law School and some issue can be confusing for me but thanks i think i got it, you know the carriers have been paying my psych referrals as med-legal so i guess ill keep my mouth closed until they stop.
courtmechanic

Postby gaiassoul1@yahoo.com on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:13 pm

I did not go either

but I sure would be careful accepting medical-legal rates -- where does that put you in regards to insurance fraud?

Is that enough to risk your professional license?

Lastly, I am a firm believer in karma, so suggest you look at that issue as well.
gaiassoul1@yahoo.com

Re: 4060 (California) (California)

Postby courtmechanic on Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:20 pm

yes i hear you its not my license on the line but the doctor's, i have explained this issue to him but he is not listening but thank you so much

let me ask another question

I heard a defense attorney arguing and requesting documentationof the relationship between the representative and the lien holder. is the defense entitled to this info.
courtmechanic

Re: 4060 (California) (California)

Postby gaiassoul1@yahoo.com on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:39 pm

yep as my son says ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away, I hear you.

All the DA wants to know is if the doctor still owns the accounts receivable, as there are unresolved issues as to the right to collect against CIGA if the original physician does not "own" the account receivables.

Then there are the defense attorneys who argue it can't be bought no matter what, even if CIGA is not a party...they are wrong, but they never get it. Holland vs. WCAB.
gaiassoul1@yahoo.com

Postby courtmechanic on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:04 pm

does anyone know it they are setting lien in L.A. and if not when they will be
courtmechanic

Previous

Return to Liens