Medical provider fraud and patient harm please help (Califor

Rant, rave, share expiences, seek comfort - this forum is a general category. If you have a legal or medical question, go to Questions and Advise.

Medical provider fraud and patient harm please help (Califor

Postby 4anewusers on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:56 pm

I wanted to start a post about medical provider fraud with hope that the professionals on this site could give some input on what patients can look out for and reply to this post.

I believe it is important to give patients these red flags or tips because some medical provider frauds can lead to patient harm. Over treatment and medically unnecessary treatment can have devastating results to patients including increasing disability.If patients do not know what to look out for, they can be taken advantage of by these criminals.

Often times medical providers who engage in fraud do more than one type of fraud.

If any of the professionals on this site can give some examples of red flags or tips for injured workers on this string to help keep them safe, I would appreciate it.

https://www.fraud-magazine.com/article. ... 4294976280
Patient Advocate for medical device safety and ethics. •Modern medicine offers important benefits, yet it also has the capacity to cause harm;•Those harms arise from three central failings: the overuse, underuse, and misuse of medical services.
4anewusers

Re: Medical provider fraud and patient harm please help (Califor

Postby vampireinthenight on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:08 am

Hmmm, an MD would probably be most helpful. I would recommend getting a copy of one's own medical reports and reading them. Can be very enlightening.

Research what is being recommended and how it is being offered. Who is paying for it?

General rule: most physicians try as much conservative care as they can and delay intervention as long as possible. If someone is pushing a medical procedure or product on you, beware. Get a second opinion from an independent source. Look online for other anecdotal experiences.
vampireinthenight

Postby 4anewusers on Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:12 pm

Those are very good ideas.
Patient Advocate for medical device safety and ethics. •Modern medicine offers important benefits, yet it also has the capacity to cause harm;•Those harms arise from three central failings: the overuse, underuse, and misuse of medical services.
4anewusers

Postby 4anewusers on Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:25 am

What about urine testing. This topic has come up numerous times with patients asking if it is the norm for their doctor to urine test every injured worker almost every month? This seems excessive to me.
4anewusers

Return to General