Changing PTP"s (California)

Post your questions here, get professional advise. DO NOT post experiences, rants, raves, diatribe or anything other than a direct legal or medical question. Any deviation from this specific forum category WILL be deleted without further warning.

Changing PTP"s (California)

Postby Luckyazkd9 on Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:02 am

My PTP of 18 years has stopped doing W/C. I had to select a Doctor from the companies selected doctors. A letter notifying the third party admin. of my selection and a request an appointment with my new PTP was mailed on August 20, 2019. To this date I have not heard from anyone. What is the time period by law by which they must notify me? I read LC 4600 and it primarily covers the selection of the first PTP. I am aware many changes have occurred since the date of my injury in the year 2000. Any input would be most welcomed. Ageing affects one's ability to understand new concepts especially W/C law.
Luckyazkd9

Re: Changing PTP"s (California)

Postby vampireinthenight on Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:35 am

Try calling the doctor and setting an appointment. Maybe authorization was faxed to him/her.
vampireinthenight

Postby Luckyazkd9 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:18 am

Thank You for your response. I shall call today and make the inquiry. Does Ca. Rules of Practice and Procedures 9767.5(G) apply in this situation? I appreciate you taking the time to assist me. My now deceased AA was a member of a two AA's firm. When he passed the other AA took over all the cases the firm had in play. Remaining AA is up to his neck with work and I can understand how limited his time is. Too top it off my former AA"s Legal aide fell and was seriously injured and unable to return to work. I would seek new representation however after eighteen years an other firm may not be receptive.
Luckyazkd9

Postby vampireinthenight on Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:13 am

Sort of. That's more about how the MPNs meet their obligations. At this point, I wouldn't get too bogged down in specific regs. Your situation is pretty straight forward. You picked a doc from the MPN, now you should get an appointment authorized. Call the MD and if they have not received authorization then you call/write/nag the new TPA to fax them the auth. If you still can't get anywhere, then you'll have to get your bust attorney to write or call.
vampireinthenight

Return to Questions and Advice