PTP's Fraud conduct (California) (California)

Post your questions here, get professional advise. DO NOT post experiences, rants, raves, diatribe or anything other than a direct legal or medical question. Any deviation from this specific forum category WILL be deleted without further warning.

PTP's Fraud conduct (California) (California)

Postby Luckyazkd9 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:31 pm

My PTP was recently sentenced to Federal prison for 30 months for Fraud. Should I worry the defense side will now question the validity of every report and rating he issued due to his fraud conviction? He performed Five (5) major surgeries at Pacific Hospital on me. Every surgery had the approval of the assigned AME so I had no reason to question the PTPs actions. The Lumbar surgeries were unsuccessful and the other three ( right and left knee complete replacements, and right shoulder) had decent results. I have not had a PTP for six months thanks to the games the third party admin. play and an overloaded AA. I finally have an new PTP who I shall visit at the end of the month. I was injured on the year of 2000 and we still have not reached any attempt of a settlement. God Bless Ca. W/C!
Luckyazkd9

Re: PTP's Fraud conduct (California) (California) (California) (

Postby 4anewusers on Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:52 am

I do not know the answer to your question but it is my understanding the insurance carrier will not have to pay any liens he may have on your case.

His conviction did not have anything to do with fraudulently rating patients, but I would ask your attorney about this.
Patient Advocate for medical device safety and ethics. •Modern medicine offers important benefits, yet it also has the capacity to cause harm;•Those harms arise from three central failings: the overuse, underuse, and misuse of medical services.
4anewusers

Re: PTP's Fraud conduct (California) (California)

Postby vampireinthenight on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:42 pm

They might. But it sounds like the questioning of reports is nothing new in your case. What is more important is where you go from here. The new evaluation and update of your condition is what is important.
vampireinthenight

Re: PTP's Fraud conduct (California) (California)

Postby Luckyazkd9 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:20 pm

Thank You for your guidance. It took us six month to get an appointment with a PTP of our choice. A WCAB Hearing was necessary before we made headway. The new PTP is to rate me and provide a plan to relive or cure my pains. We are requesting the assigned AME do a new rating also. The current AME report is dated 2014 and I complained its data was stale. A guidance tip I picked up from this Work Comp Board. I shall forever be thankful for all the guidance I have received from this Board. I thank you for giving up some of your valuable time to assist this injured worker lost in the maze of Workers Compensation.
Luckyazkd9

Return to Questions and Advice