PET Scan (California)

Post your questions here, get professional advise. DO NOT post experiences, rants, raves, diatribe or anything other than a direct legal or medical question. Any deviation from this specific forum category WILL be deleted without further warning.

PET Scan (California)

Postby Luckyazkd9 on Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:38 pm

My primary healthcare provider performs a PET scan on my whole body. In the PET scan report it states " Post surgical changes of the spine with an area of fluid density abutting the posterior elements at the level of L3-L4 measuring up to 6.1 cm in size. This may represent post-surgical change/post-operative collection". I am scheduled to be seen by a QME soon. My question is, would it help my QME evaluation if a copy of the CD disk of the PET scan and a copy of the report were to be included in my medical record? My last evaluation in December of 2019 they took x-rays of my Lumbar and those should be in the medical file. How do I get them to included the PET scan data? Should I present it to my AA? Will they accept data from an outside (Kaiser) medical unit?

I thank you in advance for your guidance
Luckyazkd9

Re: PET Scan (California)

Postby ymcgavin@socal.rr.com on Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:36 am

Luckyazkd9 wrote:My question is, would it help my QME evaluation if a copy of the CD disk of the PET scan and a copy of the report were to be included in my medical record?

Yes.

Luckyazkd9 wrote:How do I get them to included the PET scan data?

Provide a copy of the interpretation and CD disk to your PTP, and also to the QME.

Luckyazkd9 wrote:Should I present it to my AA?

Yes.

Luckyazkd9 wrote:Will they accept data from an outside (Kaiser) medical unit?

Yes, as it is medical information.

Luckyazkd9 wrote:I thank you in advance for your guidance

The sooner you can resolve your case-in-chief and move on with your life, the better.

Good luck,

York McGavin
ymcgavin@socal.rr.com

Re: PET Scan (California)

Postby Luckyazkd9 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:36 pm

Thank You for your guidance. I would have settled long ago however the ratings the Defense used were wrong. AME report state a 18% WPI for depression and other psy problems. It also stated a 44% WPI for both my knees and a 66% WPI for my Lumbar. They left out the 18% psy and offered only the 44% and 66%. I told my AA no and explained why. Turns out he was not interested but only wanted to "churn" the case. We have parted and now have a new AA. See how that works out? Offer was made under Benson ruling.
Luckyazkd9

Return to Questions and Advice