Psychiatric rating (California) (California)

Post your questions here, get professional advise. DO NOT post experiences, rants, raves, diatribe or anything other than a direct legal or medical question. Any deviation from this specific forum category WILL be deleted without further warning.

Psychiatric rating (California) (California)

Postby Luckyazkd9 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:25 am

I was injured in the year 2000. Psychiatric AME states: His score on the Global Assetment of Functioning Scale is 58 which translate into a whole person impairment rating of 18. Is this WPI value included in determining the total level of disability? Injury is being rated under the 1997 Schedule. Injured parts include Lumbar, Shoulders and Knees. Any input is most welcomed and to those who do I thank you in advance. I have been told the Psy injury carries no value because the date of injury.
Luckyazkd9

Re: Psychiatric rating (California) (California)

Postby vampireinthenight on Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:39 am

The GAF/WPI impairment assessment was not really used to rate cases prior to 2005. There should be something like an 8 function disability assessment. That is what the DEU can use to issue a rating. A DOI in 2000 has no relevance as long as the case is still "open" for PD purposes.
vampireinthenight

Re: Psychiatric rating (California) (California)

Postby Luckyazkd9 on Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:09 am

Vampireinthenight,Thank You for your informative response. It adds clarity to my understanding of this complex formula. May your Season be bright!
Luckyazkd9

Return to Questions and Advice