this is great!! (California)

Post your questions here, get professional advise. DO NOT post experiences, rants, raves, diatribe or anything other than a direct legal or medical question. Any deviation from this specific forum category WILL be deleted without further warning.

this is great!! (California)

Postby feelin it on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:02 am

feelin it

Re: this is great!!

Postby davidd on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:17 am

Thanks Ken - I hope everyone likes the new forums. I'm still in the process of writing up some tips and tricks. Hopefully everything goes smooth...
David DePaolo
president,
WorkCompCentral
davidd
Site Admin

Re: this is great!! (California)

Postby feelin it on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:13 pm

David thanks for the help !1
My question to the forum is if I go to see an AME then scif does not abide by it can they just keep sending me back for re-evals ?
Can I tell the doc that they are not auth. treatment per his report?

thanks feelin it
feelin it

Postby TC on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:30 pm

The PTP controls treatment. The AME can opine many things, but the treatment issue does not arise until the PTP makes a treatment request. 4600 indicates treatment is subject to UR - 4610. The UR regulations only specify four kinds of documents (treatment requests) subject to the UR time limits, and all of these are from the PTP.
TC

Postby feelin it on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:22 pm

PTP has requested treatment for all .
scif usually just does not send to U.R.
feelin it

Postby TC on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:32 pm

You wrote: "PTP has requested treatment for all . scif usually just does not send to U.R."
In UR there are (a) expedited reviews; (b) prospective (or concurrent) reviews; and (c) retrospective reviews.
I presume your case involves prospective review.
Insuers and self-insureds receive millions of medical documents annually.
Only certain medical treatment requests are subject to the UR timelines.
In UR, the prospective review time limits, only apply to:
(1) Doctor's First report; (2) PR-2; (3) a PR-2 narrative with the words "treatment request" clearly written at the top of the page; and (4) written confirmation (in a Doctor's First or PR-2) within 72 hours of an oral request for a specific course of medical treatment. See 8 CCR 9792.6(o).
IF your PTP has made a "treatment request" as defined by 8 CCR 9792.6(o), and IF there was no timely UR performed by the insurer, then file a DOR for an expedited hearing. However, UR departments typically do not review treatment requests which do not meet the regulatory definition. [Remember, they get millions of medical documents annually.] It seems unusal to repeatedly not send requests to UR. So, I have a suspicion the PTP may not have submitted treatment requests as defined by the regulations.
TC

Postby doublecrush on Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:51 pm

This is a nice forum DavidD. Would like to spend some time but have to go to a doc appt. this afternoon. Had a hard time finding an avator within the size limitations though. Thank you for upgrading! :P
"In God We Trust"
doublecrush

Postby feelin it on Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:04 pm

Hey doublecrush nice to see that you are still around !!
hope all is well feelin it
feelin it

Return to Questions and Advice