New and Further (California)

Post your questions here, get professional advise. DO NOT post experiences, rants, raves, diatribe or anything other than a direct legal or medical question. Any deviation from this specific forum category WILL be deleted without further warning.

New and Further (California)

Postby WC.Circus! on Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:29 pm

Hello,

I would like to know if a petition for new and further is filed and treatment is provided for aprox. 5 years and then are denied by UR, could it be considered that these body parts are accepted? The PTP referred the injured worker to a secondary treating physician and then issued a P&S report without incorporating the secondary treating physician's diagnoses or opinions in the P&S report. The secondary treating physician listed the injured worker as TTD during that period but the injured worker did not receive TTD payments apparently because the PTP was negligent.

Also, if the injured worker objects to the UR denial, can the Applicant's attorney refuse to assist the injured worker in resolving the dispute? Can the Applicant's attorney refuse to file for an expedited hearing on the TTD issue. There is an AME in the case.

Also, if the Applicant's attorney and the defense attorney want the injured worker to sign a release for medical records instead of issuing a subpoena, what would be the motivation for doing so?

This whole case is a mess and I really don't know what is going on, but I'm pretty sure it's not in my best interest.

Thanks for any insight or advice that may be offered.
WC.Circus!

Return to Questions and Advice