Billing Employees for Non-Industrial Claims (California) (Ca

Post your questions here, get professional advise. DO NOT post experiences, rants, raves, diatribe or anything other than a direct legal or medical question. Any deviation from this specific forum category WILL be deleted without further warning.

Billing Employees for Non-Industrial Claims (California) (Ca

Postby DMEROCK1 on Thu May 21, 2015 12:49 pm

Hi Everyone,

So lately we have had several denials for cases just post term or non work related. I have had several people who will work with just ask why don't we just bill the patients if its a non industrial claim after all.

So my question is has anyone else billed the patients if you find that the claim is denied for non work related injury claim or do you just file a Lien. :?: :?: :?:
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:55 pm
Location: Orange County

Re: Billing Employees for Non-Industrial Claims (California) (Ca

Postby chirple on Sat May 23, 2015 11:41 pm

1) If it is the first $10,00 in treatment, it should be paid unless denial was issued prior to treatment.

2) If you have UR approval, it should be paid if provided in accordance with authorization.

3) if claim was denied and you chose to treat anyway, lien is your way to go.
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:09 am

Return to Questions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest