Review of the written record or oral hearing? (New Jersey) (

Post your questions here, get professional advise. DO NOT post experiences, rants, raves, diatribe or anything other than a direct legal or medical question. Any deviation from this specific forum category WILL be deleted without further warning.

Review of the written record or oral hearing? (New Jersey) (

Postby 1height on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:44 am

I was denied my claim for workers compensation because the diagnosis was not provided by a qualified physician (chiropractor). It also was NOT a spinal subluxation and I am federal.

What the chiropractor wrote in his diagnosis was not directly related to the injury. I provided OWCP this because I had been unable to obtain a valid diagnosis from a qualified physician until over two months after the accident.

I now have a doctors letter and "quick note" that I was told are accepted by OWCP from this doctor all the time. Would a review of the written record be a wise and should I need additional medical reports or rationale considering that I am submitting this diagnosis properly for the first time? As I understand, an oral hearing would take 6-8 months to appear on a docket.

Thank You
1height

Re: Review of the written record or oral hearing? (New Jersey) (

Postby 1height on Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:33 am

Did I post this question in the right place?
1height

Re: Review of the written record or oral hearing? (New Jersey) (

Postby Barney5 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:48 am

You posted in the right section, however most of the posters on this site are in California, and every state has their own workers' compensation laws. Hopefully someone who is well versed in your state will see this.
Barney5

Return to Questions and Advice