Exchange of Info - Certified Mail (California) (California)

Post your questions here, get professional advise. DO NOT post experiences, rants, raves, diatribe or anything other than a direct legal or medical question. Any deviation from this specific forum category WILL be deleted without further warning.

Exchange of Info - Certified Mail (California) (California)

Postby soloinca on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:58 am

I received a cute little card in yesterday's mail letting me know I have something that requires my signature from the IC being held at my post office.

I have a QME appointment coming up and I assume the IC is sending me their documents related to the appointment.

The problem is that the QME appointment is less than 20 days away.

SoLoinCA
Last edited by soloinca on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
soloinca

Re: Exchange of Info - Certified Mail (California)

Postby postscript2 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi Solo:

Just because you received that cute little green card on Monday, doesn't relieve you of the duty to pick up your mail. Certified mail takes a few days longer, so if your guess is correct and it does turn out to be the PQME information--AND you don't pick it up, you are burning your time to object to any non-medical information.

Pick up the darned card and see what's inside!!! I'd be to curious and the post office will wait around a week and send the mailed item back to the sender. It will send out a bad message to the I/C that you don't care about your claim. At least that's what I used to think when I was working and would receive the mail.

Using the defense of "Oh, I didn't get that," is no defense at all, esp. if it can be proven via that little green card, that it was timely sent by the I/C.

What if it is a denial notice or something very time sensative that requires your immediate response??? You could lose out, so be wary. Sorry to sound so harsh, take care.

LCS
postscript2

Return to Questions and Advice