Owed "Voc Rehab" on Multiple DOI's, (Californ (California)

Injured Workers - ask your questions about return to work, the vocational rehabilitation process and options here!

Owed "Voc Rehab" on Multiple DOI's, (Californ (California)

Postby maxxcy1234 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:26 am

How doe's this Work. One of them have a "Thomas Waiver", I was Forced to Settle !!!! Am I Owed Compensation? Five Years have Gone By on a Couple of them but One is Close in October!!! I have Multiple "Specific and Cumulative" Dates! I have Not talked to My "Attorney" over a Year! I Think some "SOL" have Gone By! I am able to Talk sometime to His "Hearring Rep"!!! I'm I Still Owed "Voc Rehab"? I was told to Retire by NeuroSurgeon!!!
Last edited by maxxcy1234 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:44 pm

Re: Owed "Voc Rehab" on Multiple DOI's, Before 3/18/04 (Californ

Postby davidd on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:35 am

More information will be needed on each case to provide anything meaningful.

But in general - the case with the Thomas on it, no rehab. The 2004 "reforms" did away with rehab, so unless you had rehab pending in April, 2004 there is nothing left of that either.
User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:09 pm

Re: Owed "Voc Rehab" on Multiple DOI's, Before 3/18/04 (Californ

Postby gaiassoul1@yahoo.com on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:13 pm

you can't retire and then be entitled to vocational rehab in any scheme....did your doctor find you to be pemanently totally disabled?
Posts: 658
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:06 am

Re: Owed "Voc Rehab" on Multiple DOI's, (Californ (California)

Postby 50Cal2 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:23 pm

Vocational rehabilitation benefits no longer exist. If your injury was prior to 1/1/04 you are totally out of luck. It is gone, finished, kapoot! However, if you were injured on or after January 1, 2004 you most likely are entitled to a supplemental job displacement benefit voucher to be used for education purposes only. The value of the voucher ranges from $4,000 to $10,000 depending on the percentage of your permanent disability. Basically, a voucher can be used to pay for your education only and associated supplies (i.e. books, computer, etc.) The voucher is non-transferable and cannot be converted into a cash for you to keep.
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:51 pm

Return to Return to Work & Vocational Rehabilitation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest