Psyche Dr. Barbara Strong or Richard Dorsey? (California)

This category is meant for discussion of technical legal issues in workers' compensation. If you are an injured worker, do not ask questions here. Go to the Injured Workers' forum.

Psyche Dr. Barbara Strong or Richard Dorsey? (California)

Postby laesquire on Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:47 pm

QME Panel in Psychiatry-

Defense, Applicant or netural?

Dr. Barbara Strong in Moreno Valley

Dr. Richard Dorsey in San Bernardino
:|
laesquire

Re: Psyche Dr. Barbara Strong or Richard Dorsey? (California)

Postby jonbrissman on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:39 pm

Dr. Strong appears to be neutral; she writes a good report.

In two decades practicing in San Bernardino, I have never heard of Dr. Dorsey. I looked him up in the QME database (http://www.dir.ca.gov/databases/dwc/qmeCRIT.asp). He is listed in ten locations, all over the state (Murrietta, Victorville, Santa Ana, Redding, Palm Desert, Eureka, Newport Beach, San Bernardino, Glendale, and Long Beach). What does that tell you?

JCB
jonbrissman

Postby appliedpsych on Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:02 pm

Jon - what does it mean to you if a QME has more than one office? Please expound.
appliedpsych

Postby jonbrissman on Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:26 am

Appliedpsyche, I hope my perspective does not offend you. Here are some purely personal observations on physicians with multiple offices:

I am closely familiar with several AMEs and all of them are buried in work. None of them would consider opening a second, third, or tenth office because they have all the business they can accommodate at their one site. From a business standpoint, if a physician has not established a solid client base to insure that his office time is fully booked, increasing his expenses by opening more offices seems desperate. Further, a physician with multiple offices necessarily decreases the time he has available to evaluate patients because of the time that travel between offices consumes. My sense is that a successful business model entails market saturation for a single location. A physician who has adopted an inefficient business model does not inspire my confidence.

If someone articulates a different perspective, I'll keep an open mind and might revisit my conclusions.

JCB
jonbrissman

Return to Legal