an alternative to EAMS (California) (California)

This category is meant for discussion of technical legal issues in workers' compensation. If you are an injured worker, do not ask questions here. Go to the Injured Workers' forum.

Re: an alternative to EAMS (California) (California)

Postby jobmdpsych on Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:18 pm

I would seriously like to know why such a system in 2009 should cost more than 200K-500K statewide including hardware and backup. Secure FTP systems have been around for 20 years. Many businesses including doctors and lawyers offices have such a system (HIPAA compliant) and it is really no big deal to set up.

Were the contractors laughing as they walked away after they closed the deal? Always a bad sign. And to profit from the failure down the road. Sorry, I forogt, it's California 2009. It slipped my mind that accountability is so quaint and passe.

It is no exaggeration that a high school student familiar with FTP can be found to do a better job for a few thousand dollars in consulting fees.
jobmdpsych

Postby art... on Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:41 am

For an "Off the shelf" system it's not making a good impression.

While never prudent to form an opinion from one data-point, when I heard it couldn't accommodate the three letter legacy board ID method (SAC, OAK, VNO) which was a familiar, simple and intuitive method, and instead required all cases be prefixed with ADJ, it didn't strike me as a good sign.

It's kinda' like buying a new pair of shoes that through some silly quirk renders all your existing socks incompatible.
"Things are more like they are now than they ever were before."---Dwight D. Eisenhower
art...

Postby jobmdpsych on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:17 am

It's more like buying a horseless carriage 1909 only to find two shetland ponies under the hood instead of an engine.

It performs even worse and leaves the same mess.
jobmdpsych

Previous

Return to Legal