ACOEM access (California)

This category is meant for discussion of technical legal issues in workers' compensation. If you are an injured worker, do not ask questions here. Go to the Injured Workers' forum.

ACOEM access (California)

Postby vampireinthenight on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:42 am

Has anyone tried viewing the ACOEM Guidelines at their local DWC branch?

How is the experience?

According to this page: https://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/mtus/mtus_re ... lines.html the ability to copy is "restricted". Does that mean we simply can't copy the whole thing or we can't copy it at all?

Thanks for any input. I'm trying to be prepared in case I need to use portions as evidence.
vampireinthenight

Re: ACOEM access (California)

Postby LawAdvocate on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:14 am

You may copy the relevant portions of EAMS as evidence under fair use - as evidence in legal proceedings, as specific to your case.

You may not copy the whole book, as it is copyrighted. Fair use is broad and allows for use. If anyone objects the Judges have access - I had one judge object to my giving the copies, as she did not believe she could opine about fair use without extensive research. The alternative we o she asked that I list the page numbers, paragraph numbers and line numbers. She indicated all WCJs have access to the ACOEM Guides.
LawAdvocate

Return to Legal