QME/AME report requirements (California)

This category is meant for discussion of technical legal issues in workers' compensation. If you are an injured worker, do not ask questions here. Go to the Injured Workers' forum.

QME/AME report requirements (California)

Postby wcscout on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:46 pm

As far as who performs testing, does the rating, are there any regulations discussing the actual examination process?
wcscout

Re: QME/AME report requirements (California)

Postby LawAdvocate on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:09 am

CCR 46 - 49.9 describe the methods of evaluation.
LawAdvocate

Postby yadegariesq on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:52 pm

does anyone know a good list of QMEs to research?
yadegariesq

Postby yadegariesq on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:52 pm

does anyone know a good list of QMEs to research?
yadegariesq

Postby Barney5 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:03 am

Not sure what you mean. If you mean a good way to research QME physicians you received on a panel, other than googling them with search words reviews, complaints, and AME QME in the search, there are a few other things you can do. You can go onto the search engine on this site and see if there are visible cases you can read, and sometimes that way you can get a feeling if they are defense or applicant oriented. I believe you need a subscription to view those. There is also a list of physicians who were previously temporarily suspended in the states webpage for doing QME evals, usually for a year. As I posted on another thread, contacting an applicant attorney near the area where the QME physicians are located and asking him for his opinion is in my opinion the best way to go.
Barney5

Postby mk61347 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:26 am

I get calls from attorneys about qme's in my field. If the qme is from out of the area, I suggest to the attorney calls peers in the home area where the qme's home office is. They often have familiarity with the qme's work
mk61347

Return to Legal