Can Consulting Psychologist serve later as AME? (California)

This category is meant for discussion of technical legal issues in workers' compensation. If you are an injured worker, do not ask questions here. Go to the Injured Workers' forum.

Can Consulting Psychologist serve later as AME? (California)

Postby appliedpsych on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:07 am

I was involved in a case doing a consultation in neuropsychology under the MPN a while back, which showed no objective support for neuropsychological issues.

I pointed out that there are many general psychological issues that need assessed by either a QME or AME in psychology, due to complex industrial and non-industrial factors affecting general psychological status, as well as past WC stress case of several years ago, all of which result in complex apportionment factors. I was given zero records from the past case.

I have now been asked to serve as the AME in psychology on this case, given that I am already familiar with the case.

Is this allowed?
User avatar
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:31 am

Re: Can Consulting Psychologist serve later as AME? (California)

Postby LawAdvocate on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:09 pm

As long as both parties are aware of your prior involvement, they can and do agree to physicians familiar with the case.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:55 am

Return to Legal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests