Judith Keins as psyche AME (California)

This category is meant for discussion of technical legal issues in workers' compensation. If you are an injured worker, do not ask questions here. Go to the Injured Workers' forum.

Judith Keins as psyche AME (California)

Postby lyounglaw on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:08 am

Does anyone have any experience with Judith Keins MD as an AME? She was proposed by Applicant's attorney who doesn't want to use Dr. Curry or Dr. Larsen. I searched the WCC site including forums and haven't found anything on her. There are only two cases in Lexis and they are split between defendant and applicant (based on facts of case).

I'd appreciate any input -- this is a complicated case with apportionment to prior injury and personal issues, and will be done through an interpreter, so we need someone thorough and patient.

As always, thanks for any help,

Laura
lyounglaw

Re: Judith Keins as psyche AME (California)

Postby jakelast@aol.com on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:33 am

I have no problem recommending Dr. Keins. She is thorough and objective. You can probably get in sooner than either Dr. Curry or Larsen.

Let me know if you need any more names. While the pool of AME psyches in the Bay area appears to have expanded a bit recently, the problem is turning into availability on a time basis.
Jake Jacobsmeyer
Shaw, Jacobsmeyer, Crain & Claffey
jakelast@aol.com

Re: Judith Keins as psyche AME (California)

Postby lyounglaw on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:04 pm

Thanks Jake. Someone thorough and objective is just what is needed here. If Dr. Keins doesn't work out, I'll ask for those other suggestions.
lyounglaw

Return to Legal