(California)

This category is meant for discussion of technical legal issues in workers' compensation. If you are an injured worker, do not ask questions here. Go to the Injured Workers' forum.

(California)

Postby mk61347 on Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:03 pm

More and more I am getting discs with 2000 to 3000 pages to print. It is too hard to read records on a computer. What can I charge and what code do i use.
Is it still only $.10 per page. To print 2250 pages took my staff an hour and a half.
Thank you
mk61347

Re: (California)

Postby appliedpsych on Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:17 pm

Funny how people see things differently. I prefer PDF on CD or thumb drive. With that I can see better than on paper, enlarge, enhance, cut, paste, and OCR the whole file. Way easier to use parts of the file in the report. You can put PDF file on one computer to read, and edit report or voice transcribe on a second computer. Way easier than paper to me, plus at the end just shred the one CD or securely delete the PDF file, rather than having to shred 3000 pages.
appliedpsych

Re: (California)

Postby vampireinthenight on Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:18 am

Can't you demand paper? I still have QMEs do that and I oblige. In fact, my staff always calls to see what the QME prefers.

I like electronic too, it is a modern, large volume. Sometimes the physical ones are easier to read if it is old, handwritten notes and the scans have a low resolution. But that is more and more rare.
vampireinthenight

Return to Legal