Just when I thought I have seen it all! (California)

This category is meant for discussion of technical legal issues in workers' compensation. If you are an injured worker, do not ask questions here. Go to the Injured Workers' forum.

Just when I thought I have seen it all! (California)

Postby spreare on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:33 am

Has anyone any thoughts on this mornings WC central article on the push to do away with liens for unauthorized treatment???? I mean, since carriers rarely authorize anything anyways, no matter how badly IW needs treatment, that pretty much kills all liens -- and no QME's either!!!!!!! OMG it's trully all over for doctors and patients inthis type of system!
spreare

Re: Just when I thought I have seen it all! (California)

Postby paduanow@yahoo.com on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:51 am

WOW!

What a bunch of $#@%!! Your 100% right. We ask for authorization and 90% of the time we never hear from them. We started sending by mail and by fax and still nothing.
paduanow@yahoo.com

Postby rider001 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:29 am

Then it is deemed authorized by default.
rider001

Postby chirple on Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:19 pm

If there is a properly submitted request for authorization with no response, then the a/a should be filing a DOR for expedited hearing.
chirple

Postby jobmdpsych on Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:20 pm

What could the union reps possibly be thinking here? Additional benefits won't matter if they give up on neutral docs giving informed ratings and giving the carriers this much control. Zero times any theoretical payout is still zero. I doubt that most of these reports under the new system will even be ratable. Someone from CAAA really needs to call these people and let them know they are walking out of a forest of wolves and into a cave of bears.
jobmdpsych

Postby jobmdpsych on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:42 pm

I read the source docs and it turns out the CSIMS and WCC release was a little bit overstated. They are not banning QMEs and AMEs but reducing their say in RX issues.
jobmdpsych

Return to Legal