QME Poll (California)

Post questions about QMEs/IMEs/AMEs here (many people ask about unfamiliar physicians - this sub-forum will keep these questions consolidated).

QME Poll (California)

Postby appliedpsych on Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:37 am

To all psychologist QME's, what is your experience as to the flow of QME assignments:

A: This year in general?
B: Since the online Panel QME system went online?
C: Outlook for 2016?
appliedpsych

Re: QME Poll (California)

Postby Manila on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:15 am

Volume is down. AA's have less incentive and I/C's, to avoid med-legal/QME costs, dole out in small increments, approval for psychological treatment sessions, following a RFA.
Manila

Postby jobmdpsych on Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:24 pm

QMEs and AMEs are up this year compared to 2014 and early 2015 and the complexity and length of exams are too and so are the times for MR review.

Failed backs leading to psych were relatively straightforward. Bad faith claims are almost always complicated.

Another thing happening is we are getting mass quantities of MRs through electronic PDFs. When they were paper they were filtered a bit. I don't know if anyone else is noticing this.
jobmdpsych

Postby jobmdpsych on Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:24 pm

QMEs and AMEs are up this year compared to 2014 and early 2015 and the complexity and length of exams are too and so are the times for MR review.

Failed backs leading to psych were relatively straightforward. Bad faith claims are almost always complicated.

Another thing happening is we are getting mass quantities of MRs through electronic PDFs. When they were paper they were filtered a bit. I don't know if anyone else is noticing this.
jobmdpsych

Return to QME/IME/AME